- BART receives a report of a bias-motivated incident.
- A BART co-chair will contact the reporting party (if possible) to acknowledge receipt of the report and gather any additional information.
- BART will meet to review the new report and determine next steps. BART meets every other Friday and as needed.
- BART will design a response plan based on the best available information. Responses to a bias incident will vary according to the nature of the incident and the individuals involved. Responses could include the following:
- Educational conversations
- Mediation, facilitated dialogue, etc.
- Educational referrals
- Resolution agreements
- Referrals to other offices and/or programs
If a report includes a possible violation of the Student Code(link), the matter will be forwarded to the Student Discipline System.
- Once a response plan has been developed, a BART member will contact the reporting party to inform them of the team’s plan and to assist with any necessary accommodations.
- If the reporting party objects to the team’s plan, then BART will consider those objections and either revise the response plan or proceed with its implementation.